- Prof. Dr. Katharina Boele-Woeliki (Bucerius Law School, Hamburg)
- Prof. Frédérique Ferrand (University Jean Moulin, Lyon 3)
- Prof. Cristina González Beilfuss (University of Barcelona)
- Prof. Maarit Jänterä-Jareborg (University of Uppsala)
- Prof. Nigel Lowe (University of Cardiff)
- Prof. Dieter Martiny (European University Viadrina,Frankfurt Oder)
- Prof. Velina Todorova (University of Plovdiv)
THE 6th CONFERENCE (https://www.cefl.hamburg/)
The topic of this conference is "Pluralism and diversity of Family Relations in Europe."
CEFL experts and other legal scholars will deliver presentations on subjects such as family law, sociology, migration and women's fundamental rights, as well as the developing concept of parentage and the role of children in families.
The sixth CEFL conference centres on four themes involving the new Principles of European Family Law regarding de facto unions. Family migration and private international law, the revision of the Brussels II bis Regulation and women's fundamental rights will each be addressed by two speakers in plenary sessions.
The conference aims to enhance the exchange of ideas and arguments on comparative and international family law in Europe. It is open to academics as well as practitioners. The conference provides selected young researchers the opportunity to present their research in parallel working groups.